Speaking of reading, I was surprised by and proud of Jackson yesterday. He earned a $25 Visa gift card from being one of the top popcorn-sellers in his cub scout pack. We went to Target and looked at just about everything in the store, and he decided to buy himself 5 Magic Tree House books (he apparently likes series, too). He actually had some other things picked out and in the cart, and he put them back after he found the books! So he spent his entire gift card on books, with no encouragement from me. And he's very excited about them and has been reading! Wow!
Welcome to the Haborak family's blog. We thought this would be a great way to keep in touch. We hope you enjoy seeing what we're up to and look forward to hearing from you!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Books, Books, Books
Last year I read about 60 books. I am trying to beat that for this year; that's one of the reasons I keep my reading log on this blog. Some of my favorite things to read are series, so if anyone has suggestions on good series, I'd like to hear them. I've read all of Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody Emerson series. I've read all the Sookie Stackhouses (so far) and the Twilight Series. I read about 5 or 6 books in the Anita Blake series and then got sick of it. I've read all the Harry Potters, I keep up with the Septimus Heap series, I have read books 1-3 in the Pendragon series, and am soon to finish the Percy Jackson series. So I'm ready for a new reading adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, this being March Reading Month, I think I might just share what a super reader my sister and nephew are with my class! Way to go you two!
Awww, thanks! We do love reading!
Post a Comment